FAITH OF THE EXTRAORDINARY MINISTER OF HOLY COMMUNION
- I have a desire to bring the Sacrament of the Body and Blood of Christ to God’s people.
- I faithfully participate in the Sunday Eucharist and sincerely try to live the Gospel message in my communal and individual life.
SKILLS OF THE EXTRAORDINARY MINISTER OF HOLY COMMUNION
- I am attentive and present to others when giving Holy Communion.
- I strive to be reverent when giving Holy Communion to others by my eye contact, smile and gentle serving of the Body and Blood of Christ.
- I show joy and delight in the sharing of the Lord’s Body and Blood.
- I am comfortable with verbal communication and touching another with ease.
WORK OF THE EXTRAORDINARY MINISTER OF HOLY COMMUNION
- I consider this Ministry as an opportunity to serve.
- I extend the gift of hospitality to all.
- I come prepared to serve at any liturgy I attend.
- I dress appropriately as a minister at the Lord’s Table.
LIFESTYLE OF THE EXTRAORDINARY MINISTER OF HOLY COMMUNION
- I am a member of St. Martin’s, attend Sunday liturgy, am fully initiated, and a Catholic in good standing (if married, married in the Catholic Church).
- I continue to have the passion and enthusiasm to serve in this Ministry.
- I continue to have the time to fully participate in this Ministry.
- I have made a commitment to the Ministry and will arrange for a substitute as needed.
- I am punctual and arrive early to sign-in.